Monday, May 23, 2005

Powerless area and Powerful winds

I think our area (Murugeshpalya) in bangalore is one of the most backward areas in bangalore, I guess. Though this area is close to Airport, it's blessed with powercuts daily for hours, mainly in the evenings so that people get a taste of darkness in their lives.

Couple it with y'day evening's heavy gutsy winds and heavy downpour! Boy oh Boy..what a wind it is. that made sure we were powerless for 12 straight hours through the night.
(in a way, this helps me a bit. atleast i'm not hooked to the TV when i'm at home!)

Hope it continues raining and gives us a pleasant & cool day time :-)

1 Comments:

At 10:42 pm, Blogger Alok said...

The 12-hour power cut really screwed things up. No fans at night, which meant keeping the windows open - an invitation to mosquitoes and insects. My cat got disoriented in the dark and wound up on the floor above us and we had to go rescue it. No TV, no PC, laptop lasted for just about one movie CD to finish (and that too at 800MHz and <1V, maybe I should have gone for a Centrino... but I never had power cuts as a criteria for buying this toy!). Cellphone battery gave up in the middle of the night too. Water started running out in the morning today. Then power was restored... for about 15 minutes and then it went off again. I made my way to the office where the A/C is on and the workstations too and I can charge my phone. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home