Monday, September 12, 2005

A Tribute

Y'day my bike covered the prestigious 15000 KM mark.

Its been a good 3 year association with this great bike, the silver stylish japaneese suzuki fiero, and not the indian TVS fiero. I dont have anything against the TVS nametag, as i have spend 12 of most important years in a school bearing that name.
but still when it comes to bike, i like that japaneese tag for some reason.

Coming back to my bike, our relationship started on a bad note. When i bought the bike, i was holding learner license and I didn't how to ride the bike completely. Add to that not many was willing to lend their bike for me to learn. No offense on them. I wouldn't necessarily hand over my bike someone like that. Still, I had to do it. I had to buy it when i didn't know the nuances of driving. Pressure. Peer pressure, I'd say. 2 out of 5 bachelors in my house have bought bikes, and i didn't want to be the last one. so, i did it. Options were scarce in those days. Pulsar was not heard of. Victor was out as new but had a long wait list. and then this splendour which looked like last gen bike. the heavy-sounding, light-weigting yamaha was there, but y have yama as your vehicle. Perfect choice. Fiero.

whats the bad note i was talking about..oh..next day morning i take the bike and head to office..started early, not to beat the traffic but to cover non-expertise. and it happened. the road was free, the signal was yellow (or orange whatever you say that) and i had to make a right-turn..i decided to beat the signal..well..too late..am in the middle of crossing, breaked, breaked hard and that too the front brake (courtesy my tvs champ drivings)..damn it..there i go down in the road and the traffice goes around me as if nothing happened..2 xfic cops standing nearby come and help me out of road, take 100 bucks as charges for helping me out (and the fact that i have just learners license, no L board and driving lonely in the busy airport road)..shame on you man! the new bike had some bents, dents and bruishes, thankfully nothing serious.

After that incident, my bike never let me down. Though i let the bike down quite often by not servicing it properly and timely, getting it drenched in heavy rains and most importantly never letting a girl sit behind it. Poor fellow. (me too)

Driving in bangalore roads only improves ones skills. toughest of the terrains and thickest of the vehicle density, and the bike still delivers. it may not be first to exit the signal or loudest on the road, but it delivers on speed and mileage.

i dont take my bike to the new office, preferring the bus over it. Dont get me wrong that i hate the bike, but because everybody suggested it..but i'm losing precious time sitting idle in the bus that takes like 1hr to reach the destination in peak time, while i noticed that my bike can do it in half that time..perhaps time to switch back to the biking days..lets see.

Hope this relationship lasts for more and more such 15k kms...
I'll love this bike forever(ok..ok...till i find a ladylove or till i upgrade to four-wheeler).

Thanks a lot my dear bike!

1 Comments:

At 10:13 pm, Blogger Alok said...

Brings back memories of my own Fiero. Way back in the year 2000...

Without doubt it was one of the best bikes I've ridden. Though the newer bikes seem to be better off on paper, the original (Suzuki, not TVS :D ) Fiero still has a special place. It's gearbox was sikly smooth. Though I've left the Fiero behind, and am now riding the meaner Pulsar180 which can run rings around any Fiero, I still miss that gearbox!

And both my bikes are black.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home