Monday, June 13, 2005

spreading the virus

I'm just spreading the virus. virus came to me from Nirmala's.

Number of books I own: it would be around 2000+ . before u say wow!, let me list out what that includes..novels,management books,technical books,english magazines, tamil magazines and newspapers(now, the cat is out of the bag) :-)
if you just want the count of the first 3 in the above list it would be around 50! (hey, that still a decent one..)

Last book(s) I bought: I bought the below books couple of weeks back at Majestic black book market!
1) First, Break All the Rules --> just started reading, this is supposed to be for managers, but hey i'll be one, one day, so y not get ready now itself :-)
2) THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI by Robin S Sharma -->Finished
3) Rich Dad, Poor Dad -->Finished
4) The Broker by John Grisham -->yet to start

Last book I read:
THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI was the last one i completed. decent one. have learnt a lot of good stuff there. for eg. getting up early isn't difficult, reducing the sleep time to necessary 6-7 hrs and lot more..perhaps i need to read it again to drive home the main points again.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad :- i finished this before the monk. a good one and a must read for every one of the money earners. it questions some of the common believes such house is an asset! how to plan out your finances, how make your money work you instead of you working for money..atleast it has got me thinking..

Five books that mean a lot to me:

1) O Jerusalem! by Collins, Larry and Dominique Lapierre
this book narrates the events around the birth of israel. a gripping book and one of the best non-fiction i've read. he brings out the street fights and dramatic events around the time beautifully. a well researched book.

2) Calvin And Hobbes
mm..i started reading this books from my ex-company library (Texas Instruments) and just got hooked to them..and then i managed to get hold of the entire strips in soft copy and since then it takes quite a chunk of work-day :-) (lemme know if any of you need the full copy)..an absolute feast for mind..you would have seen a lot of it in this blog and you'll continue to see many more!

3) Stroustrup: The C++ Programming Language
how can i skip this book..though i wud come across this book in college, i wouldn't realise the value of this book till i started using these concepts in my work at magma. i know how beautiful the c++ language was, now that i'm out of it and back to stone age (aka c language)..

4) Five point someone - what not to do at IIT
this book came to a birthday gift last year and i'd luv it..it may be comical but it simply takes you to your college (or should i say hostel) days..

5) Catch-22
i'm not a fan of this book..atleast not yet..i've attempted to read this book thrice so far but couldn't manage to go much into(remember calving trying to learn cycling, thats what happening with me and this book)..why i wonder..but its definitely on my mind and i got to read it (and finish it) soon..

the list will be endless but for the fact that you have to list just five! its pity that my regulars cudn't find a place..sheldon(rage of angels, master of the game), grisham(pelican brief, runaway jury,..), crichton(congo,jurassic park,the great train robbery..) are my fav's!

now it's time for me spread it to others..need to tag five people..let me just whomever i know on this blog world..let them decide whether they want to bitten by the bug or they immune to it!
kirthi, vinodc, shubs, j, alok, guns

anyone and everyone can get bitten by this(including the spiders that drop by to index my page)..please drop the link if you're writing it on your blog..

4 Comments:

At 1:19 am, Blogger Vc said...

Wow thanks for tagging me :) .. will try... I am not a bookie( that guy who got caught in that cricket scam) ..but will try ..

 
At 2:00 am, Blogger Kirthi said...

Thanx for tagging me.
Well, I am no good at this for I am not a bookworm,there aren't too many books that affect my thinking anyway!
Btw Vc is a liar. He has read almost every page that has been written in this world including Somnolence by Rip Van Winkle which fyi was never written!

 
At 4:24 am, Blogger Alok said...

Is it customary to thank someone for tagging you? I thought it was a pain in the, uh, neck. I got tagged by two people at the same time :( Woe is me.

What happens if I tag this guy back? Will he have to repost his post?

 
At 5:02 am, Blogger Veerapathiran said...

yes, its mandatory to thank that person. otherwise, next time you step onto the road, a cement mixer will move over you. (ofcourse, it goes without saying that truck was heavily damaged and became useless after the incident)

anyway, thanks all thanking me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home