Friday, November 18, 2005

Want to make some extra bucks!

There is this friend of mine in US bay area who is behind me asking me to sign up for the Amway kind of thing so that i can earn upto $2700 in part time..how nice of him!

But suddenly i have this urge to say no to money :-( But this guy ain't leaving me too.he brings in one of seniors to answer all my concerns (i managed to dodge the first meeting, so they caught me up at the house without even telling me in advance that they're coming here for tha purpose)...i told him all my concerns and tell you what he answers everything..but that doesn't matter..you simply know. it's not going to work..he has given 3 cds which contains speeches, success stories etc etc..

when business and friendship meet, it either grand success or a tame failure, i guess.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 pm, Blogger Alok said...

Yup, I went to one of those meetings several years ago. It sounds very tempting, but it would never work for someone who's not a salesman.

The problem is that you have to either sell the stuff they produce, or induce other people to join the downline, which is what your friend is trying to do! As I understand it, to really make it big here you need a strong downline; and people in your downline should be selling stuff to others. All said and done, unless someone sells their products there is no way to make money.

Of course, the people they get to answer your questions know all the doubts a person would have and the standard answer is that your earnings depend only on how hard you are willing to work. They have a lot of statistics and examples at hand too.

I personally know two persons who tried and weren't spectacular successes, in face one of them lost money (not in Amway, was some other similar scheme). Be very careful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home